Last pre-baby Honeymoon

Dear husband's birthday fell on a weekday, and even though I managed to cook nasi kerabu for the first time (yeay!) as a surprise for him, I felt that we needed to do something special together. Especially now that the baby is coming, I felt that we needed one last honeymoon - just the two of us.

I SO wanted to go to Pulau Lang Tengah, but we don't really have much time to go anywhere once we're at our kampung (the jetty to the island is nearby our kampung). Kampung time is family time, and with that limited time, we still need to divide our time fairly to spend with each of our families. So Pulau Lang Tengah is a no. (Plus it wouldn't be a birthday getaway since we're not going back to our kampung anytime soon.)

So I booked the Grand Blue Wave Hotel in Shah Alam based on these criteria:
1. Availability of a bathtub inside the room.
2. Affordability with breakfast included.
3. Reviews.
4. Availability of a swimming pool - my yoga instructor advised me to do swimming exercises besides yoga to help with labour.

A warm bath was definitely much needed what with me feeling more and more exhausted every day, and I also thought that it would be romantic to have a warm bath with dear husband (unfortunately I didn't have time to get a nice bottle of bath gel or flowers to put into the tub).

Anyway. We got McDonald's take away for dinner and checked into the hotel at around dinner time. The room was very spacious with a king-sized bed. Very clean too! (I'm a clean freak so cleanliness is something I definitely check wherever I go.)

Here are some photos of the room:




After having our dinner dear husband turned on the hot water to fill up the bath tub, and I poured the whole mini bottle of complementary shower gel into the bathtub (there wasn't a bath gel in the bathroom but the shower gel worked just fine). Bubbles filled up the whole bathtub and we jumped into the heavenly warm bath.



It was AHHMAZINGGGG. I melted right there and then. I thought I was the one in need of a warm bath, but can you believe it, dear husband was the one who dozed off in the bath tub! I guess he needed it more than I did. After the relaxing bath we just chilled out on the bed watching a soccer game. To be honest, the mattress was quite hard (but still comfy). I mean, we don't own a big house, but we have the most comfortable mattress in the world (it was definitely a good investment).





I had a really good sleep that night - it was so comfy to sleep in an air-conditioned room with lots of pillows and a heavenly duvet. For the first time in months I didn't sweat while sleeping! We didn't really use up all the bed space, lol. It was so huge that it could probably fit five people, and we're both so skinny (me, not so much anymore).

The next morning we went down for the breakfast buffet, and I ate lots, of course. The restaurant was comfortably-lit with a relaxed ambience.







Dear husband went for nasi lemak while I dived into all the other food choices: I had squid, turkey slices, baked potato, veggies, a chicken sausage, baked beans, something beef (I forgot what the dish was called), chicken, miso soup, congee with condiments, a muffin, and a cup of tea. There were lots of yummy-looking pastry but I felt I had to stop eating or I'll get another telling-off from my nurse. Hee hee.

After breakfast we went back to our room and chilled out, and I dozed off (dear husband said I even snored). Who knew having breakfast could be so exhausting! Then we went to the swimming pool even though it was raining outside and freezing cold. I really needed the exercise, especially since my yoga class was canceled that week. Dear husband lasted a whole five seconds in the pool because it was so cold, while I stayed for about 20 minutes. I wanted to stay longer but I felt bad seeing him looking all bored on the lounging chair (he didn't complain though).


After the quick swim we went back to our room and packed, and checked out of the hotel, and that was the end of our honeymoon. As reality resurfaced, so did my allergies. I get really really itchy when it's hot, I wish the baby would come out already so that all my skin allergies will disappear, but at the same time I don't want the baby to come early! Major dilemma.

On the way back we stopped for lunch and I had delicious laksam that I have been craving for for quite a while. People say I can't have laksam or laksa during confinement, so now is the time to have it!



Overall we had a wonderful time and I will definitely visit Grand Blue Wave hotel again.




The problem right now is that I'm having bath-tub withdrawal symptoms. Hmmph!

xoxo Sofiya

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top