Large-sized Bras (or rather, Odd-sized Bras) in Malaysia

I say odd-sized, because I have a small body circumference (I am very thin) yet I have large breasts. Before I found out about Xixili, I used to buy large-sized bras and alter the body straps myself to fit my body circumference. I haven't yet found a store (besides Xixili) that carries large cups with a small circumference.

I felt compelled to write about this after my emotional breakdown in Mid Valley Megamall. You see, I am a 34H (since my second trimester. Before I am pregnant I was a 32F). The only brand that carries my size is Xixili. The letdown is that they cost around RM 160 (minimum) per bra, hence me owning only three bras. So it wasn't a surprise that I went to Xixili to look for nursing bras. I was in such a shock when they told me they have discontinued the production of nursing bras in cups larger than F since two years ago. Are large-chested women not supposed to breastfeed???

I realize now that it's not Xixili's fault for not carrying nursing bras in my size. It's every brand's fault! Also, not only large-sized bras are expensive, they're also so difficult to be found, and UGLY AS HELL! But us large-chested women have no choice. We would NOT rather not wear a bra, so we HAVE to buy those ugly-old-lady-kind-of-bras in ugly colours like beige and grey.

Anyway. Back to the topic. First I went to Xixili in Aeon Shah Alam, where the sales assistant told me to try other outlets since they don't carry many sizes there. So I went to Mid Valley Megamall, where the sales assistant dropped the bomb that my size has been discontinued. I was so shocked that I cried in the car on the way back home. I kept thinking about my future. How am I going to find bras? I have thought many times about breast reduction surgery, but my insurance plan does not cover it. I mean, it's not like I have back pain or anything because of my large breasts. I just have trouble finding bras (and feel like my breast size isn't proportionate to my slim body).

After that I realized that the sales assistant said they discontinued nursing bras, not normal bras. So I calmed down knowing that I'll only be facing trouble during my breastfeeding phase, and can still buy normal bras after that.

Next I thought about cutting out the straps of my bras and sewing on nursing clasps onto them (not very practical, but still possible). In the end, I web-surfed for HOURS and found one brand: Carriwell. I found out that the brand is available on Lazada, so I bought one bra just to try it out. This is how it looks like:





I bought it in black in the size L. They were very helpful to include a size chart which, I'll have you know, includes my size!!!


When it arrived I tried it on straight away. I'm gonna be honest here, this bra does not flatter your breasts. It makes them look flat and slightly soggy (only slightly). You can adjust the straps to lift your breasts, but it can only go so far. It is a seamless bra. No underwires. I was a bit sceptical about it having no underwires, since I know just how heavy my breasts are. I mean, I carry them everywhere and everyday, don't I? But let me tell you, it is the most comfortable bra I have ever tried on. And yes, it supports my breasts marvelously! They even included a free bra extender for people with a larger chest circumference. More importantly, they fit me perfectly!

I haven't yet found another brand that carries my size, but that's fine. I am SO gonna get some more Carriwell bras. But please God, let me have my old breasts back after I give birth. These girls are damn heavy.

Sofiya

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top