8 days till I'm due - part 1

I will be officially 39 weeks pregnant tomorrow. I am in no rush to give birth because honestly, I want my husband to get enough rest before he has to go on the tiring and long drive from Melaka to Kelantan again. I am hoping to give birth on a weekend (as if I can choose the day. Lol.)

I went to Klinik Kesihatan Kubang Kerian for a check-up on Monday. I was a bit worried that they would deny my attendance (I have been denied before and was asked to go for a check-up at my usual clinic which is Klinik Kesihatan Ayer Keroh, even though I told them I will only go back to Melaka in two weeks time.) Luckily they accepted me this time. But Oh My God the whole thing took six hours. SIX DAMN HOURS! I arrived at the clinic at 9.15 a.m. and arrived home at 3.30 p.m. (my house is basically ten minutes away). I didn't even have lunch!

Some of the staff were also grumpy and a bit rude, and my own conclusion is: They are stressed out. I mean, there were so many patients but they only have one room with two nurse stations for the normal check-up routine for both prenatal and postnatal! In Ayer Keroh they have three rooms for prenatal check-ups, each with two nurse stations, which is probably why it would take me barely two hours for a check-up. They have separate rooms for postnatal check-ups, too.

Anyway. I was referred to a Medical Officer since they needed the MO to review my blood pressure chart (I was asked to do a blood pressure test every other day for one week because of my rapid weight gain.) The MO advised me to put olive oil or virgin coconut oil on my nipples to soften them so that they won't crack during my first few times of breastfeeding, and also to use the oils to do perineal massage to avoid tearing during delivery. The MO also advised me to do squats to induce labour, but I haven't done any squats at all because like I said, I am in no rush to give birth.

Oh and during the tummy check the nurse said that the baby has descended into the birth passage, which got me feeling a bit nervous.

So today I decided to have a bit of me-time before I give birth. I had decluttered a whole lot, and came out with two large bags of unused clothes plus a whole bag of trash. I dropped off the clothes at H&M, thinking I could do a bit of window shopping as well. Boy, was I wrong. As soon as I dropped off the clothes I was exhausted, and sat on the sofa outside H&M. There goes my window shopping. Then I went to The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf and had the best drink ever (Ice Blended Pure Cookies and Cream in Vanilla). What was amazing was that I couldn't even taste the ice - it was so creamy and vanilla-ey.

Next I picked up my friend and went to another friend's house and had a bit of a chat. Then I went for lunch. I was feeling like having pasta, so I went to Lugano by Hayaki. It was my first time there, actually.

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top