8 days till I'm due - part 2

Well actually today I'm 6 days away, but I was too tired to finish the other day's post.


I really wanted to write about Lugano by Hayaki, though. Do you know how hard it is to find real carbonara? Like, original egg yolk and cheese sauce, freshly made, instead of the canned sauce version with added milk etc?


So many cafes/restaurants that offer affordable food uses canned sauce, which isn't even carbonara! I mean, if you're not making carbonara, then stop calling it carbonara!


High-end restaurants do offer real freshly-made carbonara sauce though, so nothing to worry about there.


So imagine my surprise when I stepped into Lugano which a) is located in Kelantan, and b) offers affordable food, described carbonara as "egg yolks with a dash of cream" (something like that.) Please note that I can accept a dash of cream or milk in carbonara sauce just to make it extra creamy.


I ordered spaghetti carbonara straight away, when actually I was going for aglio e olio. And I DID NOT REGRET IT.


It was so creamy and yummy, I ended up slurping the sauce clean off the plate! I could definitely taste the half-cooked egg yolk. And guess what, it was only RM 12.50 plus free iced tea! What a bargain! Definitely going there again.


Another thing that surprised me was the hair salon upstairs (well it wasn't exactly on top of Lugano, but it was in the same building.) I was in desperate need for a hair wash and trim, since I knew both would never happen after I have the baby. The reason I wanted to wash my hair at a salon is because I SO needed the head massage. So I went to Golden Beauty Hair Salon, located directly on top of Bank Islam. It is also a training academy so a student did my hair. Downside: The air-conditioning was broken so I was sweating profusely, and my hair felt dry afterwards. Upside: It cost me RM 13 for a hair wash AND trim! Unbelievable! I even asked again just to make sure, and the girl said a hair wash costs RM 8. I mean... The length of time she took to massage my head was, I don't know, half an hour maybe? It was so good that I almost dozed off. I was in dire need of a head massage since I have been getting daily headaches lately, what with my sleep cycle going haywire as well as the scorching hot weather.


I have been noticing some dandruff lately as well, hence the need for a deep hair cleanse. My hair smelled fresh the whole day after the salon trip; I'm a happy woman!

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top