Caved

So yesterday morning my husband texted me on Whatsapp and asked me to go back to Melaka because he misses me. I was actually going to wait until the weekend because I had a few things to take care of in KL. But when my husband, who so rarely tells me how much he misses me (he does tell me, actually, but never to the extent of asking me to come home), actually asks me to come home because he misses me, I felt like driving back straight away (I drove his car to KL). But then I would be late for work. So I went to the office until lunch time and drove to Melaka during lunch time, which took about one and a half hours, and continued to work from home in Melaka (luckily my manager allowed the whole team to work from home this week).

My husband was on sick leave because he was a bit poorly, and whilst driving I kept imagining taking care of him for the first time since we've been married. All my imaginations went out the window as soon as I reached home. There were so many dirty dishes in the sink, my new pot from Ikea now has a permanent stain, and the dishes that had already been washed weren't even clean, so I had to wash them all over again. I don't mind procrastination because I don't usually wash the dishes straight away after I eat, either. But my new pot! I suddenly got emotional because I have never owned my own pot before, and started to nag my husband while crying, and he kept saying how sorry he was. I also nagged him when he took a t-shirt from the cupboard and caused the neatly folded pile of t-shirts to tilt.

Now I have realized that a) the stain on the pot didn't affect the function of the pot - it was just a stain and the pot still works as usual, and wasn't it good enough that he washed the pot after he used it, at least, never mind that it wasn't sparkly clean?; and b) if I am obsessed with folding clothes exactly the same size, it doesn't mean that other people are obsessed with it too. Different people have different obsessions. It is not up to me to push other people to like what I like.

So really, it wasn't worth me getting all emotional. Now I feel really bad :(

Anyway. I just came back from grocery shopping and just couldn't stop myself from picking up a Cadbury Milk Tray. Damn you, chocolates. Today, I caved. I really shouldn't complain about my excessive weight gain, given my constant caving in to sinful food. Bad woman, bad woman! But really, just LOOK at the packaging, doesn't it look heavenly?

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top