Prenatal Massage, Gaining Weight and H&M Cushion Covers

I just had THE MOST AMAZING prenatal massage. I watched Anna Saccone's vlog a few months back and she said if one can afford it, one should really go for a prenatal massage. So I did. I called the place near my office and set an appointment for after work. It was SOOOO good. I personally thought that when it comes to massages, the harder the better. But the masseuse was gentle and it was actually really effective! She first asked me to lie on my right side and massaged my whole body (that she can reach from that angle), then asked me to lie on my left side and continued massaging my whole body, even the palms of my hands! I didn't fall asleep but I was in this very relaxing state of mind, where I didn't think of anything except her hands massaging me. It felt so good to be able to unwind for an hour. The oil smelled so good and the soft music was nice. Unfortunately it didn't alleviate my lower back pain. Other than that, my body felt a little bit lighter, and as Anna Saccone put it, "feels like you're not pregnant."

I guess you don't realize how tired your body actually is because it just feels that way everyday, and once the heaviness is lifted from your body, you finally notice how great it feels to not feel tired all the time. Is it bad that I don't feel guilty for treating these few days away from my husband as a holiday? I love being with him, don't get me wrong. But being in the house is so darn hot and it sucks to sweat every second of the day. It feels so good to be in the office where there's air conditioning. I do feel guilty about one thing, though. Whenever I'm alone, I eat lavishly but whenever I am with my husband, I cook and save so much money. I do love my time alone. I still miss my husband all the time though. Every second of every day.

As per the previous months, I have been gaining more weight than what I am supposed to, and the nurses and doctor are worried because it's bad for the baby. I have been cutting back on carbs but suddenly this month I gained more weight than usual! I have always had a big appetite, even before I was pregnant, but back then I never gained any weight. Now, even by cutting back on meal portions, I am gaining weight like CRAZEYY. So I decided to start walking as a form of exercise (yes, guilty, I haven't been exercising at all since I got pregnant).

So yesterday I went to the mall just to walk around, and went into H&M. They had MASSIVE bargains, but what caught my eye were these amazing cushion covers! You see, my husband's brother just gave us a sofa set, so we were planning on getting pillows for the sofa. There were so many cool choices of cushion covers at H&M but I finally decided on this pattern (because it was the cheapest, hahaha):



Guess how much it is.

5 ringgit!!! Unbelievable! So I bought 6 of them, and only now realizing that I could've mixed and matched different colours. Oh well.

I also tried on a pair of maternity jeans and they were Oh-My-God-soooo-comfy. I decided to buy them another time (when I have clothes to donate so that I'll get a discount voucher, tee hee).

I actually just bought a pair of H&M jeans but they keep sliding down my tummy. I thought that buying a large pair of jeans would fit my pregnant belly. Lesson learned: if you're pregnant, buy maternity jeans, not extra large normal jeans. I kept having to pull them up my tummy, which caused them to hike up my ankle, and kept sliding down after a few minutes. So now I don't know what to do with those jeans. I mean, they won't fit me after I've given birth. Anyone wanna buy H&M jeans at half price? I've only worn them a few times, plus they're super duper soft.

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top