Left My Phone

I left my phone at home today. I was in such a rush to make my 9.30 a.m. meeting, only to find out when I reached the office that the meeting is cancelled. It shouldn't be a problem since office hours begin at 9.00 a.m. anyway, but the office is really flexible in that area.

Ever since I got pregnant it has been really hard to wake up early in the morning. But starting last week I have decided to move my sleep cycle by a few hours; i.e. going to bed earlier and waking up earlier. It is so hard for me because I have never been able to wake up early, even when I was in school. I am really not a morning person. But I have managed to move my sleep cycle by half an hour or at least fifteen minutes each day, and now I go to bed at 11.30 p.m. (previously it was 2.00 a.m.).

The reason I decided to do this is because I started to feel restless during the day, and I figured it could be because of my sleep cycle. I also turn off WiFi on my phone before I go to bed so that I will get an uninterrupted sleep. To be able to go to bed at the right time, I would make sure that I have done all the chores by 10.00 p.m. (laundry, dishes, Isya' prayer, etc.) After that I'll just lie down and wait for my husband to come home from work so we can have a video call. The video call shouldn't last past 11.30 p.m. so that my sleep cycle won't be affected. I must say, practicing going to bed earlier really helps me fall asleep faster. I can just close my eyes, and there you go!

The thing is, last night he came home a bit late so the video call lasted until almost 12.00 a.m. Even though it is only a half an hour difference, I found it sooo hard to wake up today.

Still, I find it refreshing to wake up earlier than I used to. I feel more energized as well.

Anyway. Dear husband's training has been extended until December, and I felt a bit depressed thinking about it last night. I know that work is work, and I should stick to the rules. But I feel that a boss should have a little bit of empathy, you know? How can you not allow a person to see her husband for three whole months? That should be enough reason to allow for unpaid leave, no?

I can't just up and leave, because I need this job. I need the money. I need the maternity leave.

But I need my husband so much more.

xoxo Sofiya

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top