Freezing Cold

I have always felt hot compared to my husband (temperature-wise). I would always sweat more and rarely need a blanket when I sleep. Ever since I got pregnant I have noticed that I feel even hotter, and was told that this is normal for pregnant women. So I was so surprised when last night, as I slept in Yenyen's bed with a fan and air-conditioning, I suddenly woke up shivering even though I was under the duvet! And Yenyen seemed to be sleeping like a baby! I jumped down from the bed and turned off the fan, and put on my abaya as an extra blanket, but I didn't stop shivering. I went to the living room where it felt warm, and didn't turn on neither the air-conditioning nor the fan, and slept on a mattress in the TV area. Sometime in the night I realized I was sweating, but inside I still felt cold, so it was somehow comfortable to be sweating and to feel warm. Now I'm at work and I still feel cold - which is weird, because I usually feel a bit hot at work even though there are air-conditioning everywhere.

I have been drinking either hot lemon tea or lemon water everyday for a few days now, and I am starting to hate the taste of plain water, haha. The lemon makes water smell so good! It's not that I like acidic things - I just like the fresh smell. I only put a thin slice of lemon in my tumbler, and it helps so much with my coughing and my sore throat. I haven't been drinking cold water at all as well just because of my sore throat, and I must say, hot water actually feels more refreshing! (not sure if this makes sense). Honest, it does! I have always HATED drinking hot water because I always felt that it doesn't quench my thirst, and cold water tastes so good when I'm thirsty. I know I'll go back to drinking cold water soon, but I hope I'll always remember how good my body feels when I drink only hot or warm water throughout the day. It's healthier, too!

I have also started to put oil on my tummy, thighs and bum. I really don't want any stretchmarks after I give birth. I already have a lot of stretchmarks because I gain and lose weight easily, but I'd rather not have any more on top of them. I was advised by Cathy to put oil at least twice a day. Hopefully I'll keep this up because God knows I suck at committing to a schedule. I can't even get to work at the same time everyday, nor eat my pills at the same time every morning.

My finances are a bit worrying this month. I don't think I can afford the ticket to Germany, which really bums me out. It's no surprise, really. I mean, who the heck can afford a ticket to Germany within two months? I need more time, but I don't want more time. I want to be with my husband. Boss hasn't replied about me working from home in Germany, either. This is depressing.

xoxo Sofiya

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top